We know that ketchup is a great addition to many meals and is especially tasty on chips! We also know that sometimes ketchup can spill and land right on our favourite clothes, that's why we have put together come top tips on how to salvage your clothing.
What You Will Need:
- Stain Remover
- Liquid Detergent
- Mild Bleaching Agents Such As Hydrogen Peroxide, White Vinegar & Lemon Juice (for white or colour-fast clothing)
How To Remove The Stain
- Remove any ketchup that is laying on the surface of the stain. This is best done with the back of a spoon to ensure that none of the clothing fibres are damaged.
- Pour water through the back of the stain to force out any excess ketchup out of the fabric. Do not apply water through the front as this will push the stain further into the clothes.
- Use a liquid washing detergent on the stain, rub it into the clothing in a circular motion working from the outside of the stain towards the middle. This way the stain will not be spread further.
- If it is white or colour-fast clothing you may need to apply a mild bleaching. To do this you should use a sponge and rinse thoroughly after applying.
- Hold the stain towards the light, if the stain is still showing, or there is a slight discolouring repeat the above steps.
- Apply a stain remover and let it sit on the stain for at least 5 minutes. This ensures that the stain remover will penetrate the stain fully.
- Wash your clothing as normal, but make sure you check the stain has gone before drying as when dry stains can often be permanent.
- If the stain is being stubborn and is still showing, re-add the detergent and leave for 30 minutes . Then if need be reapply stain remover and launder the clothing.
McMillan's Cleaning and Restoration
Average rating: 0 reviews